NX for Design, Manufacturing and Simulation
Siemens NX software is an integrated product design, engineering and manufacturing solution that helps you deliver better products faster and more efficiently. The industries most integrated, flexible and efficient software offers synchronous technology for flexible design in an open environment, integrates multi-discipline simulation, a full range of advanced part manufacturing applications, and a tight integration with Teamcenter, the world’s leading Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform.
Integrated CAD/CAM/CAE enables
SMARTER decisions for BETTER products
- Advanced solutions for conceptual design, 3D modeling and documentation
- Multi-discipline simulation for structural, motion, thermal, flow and multi-physics applications
- Complete part manufacturing solutions for tooling, machining and quality inspection
NX in action
Efficient processes from product development to manufacturing
With their Sinumerik-controlled FZ12 MT manufacturing center, Chiron-Werke GmbH & Co. KG show that digital concepts prove their value in practice. They use Siemens NX CAD/CAM as a programming and simulation solution, which works with a virtual NC kernel.
NX Software for Design & Simulation
The NISSAN ZEOD RC is the first hybrid vehicle to drive 300 km/h and complete a full lap of the circuit on pure electric power at the 24 hours of Le Mans race. The car was built by automotive engineering company RML, using NX Software from Siemens’ PLM portfolio to design, simulate and build the car virtually.
NX for Design
NX for Design is an integrated product design solution that streamlines and accelerates the product development process for engineers who need to deliver innovative products in a collaborative environment. Unlike CAD-only solutions and closed enterprise solutions, NX for Design offers the highest level of integration between development disciplines in an open, collaborative environment.
Design Advantages and Benefits
- Fast, Flexible, Efficient Product Design
- Work Seamlessly with Data from Other CAD Systems
- Power and Capacity for Complex Products
- Integrated Design Validation
- Visual Analytics Improve Decision-Making
- Reduced Development Time by more than 30%
- Develop More Products and Pursue more Opportunities
NX for Manufacturing
NX for Manufacturing provides you with a complete solution set for part manufacturing – from CAM to CNC controller. By using NX for Manufacturing, you can improve your part manufacturing productivity by reducing NC programming and machining time, production of better quality parts, and maximizing use of manufacturing resources.
Manufacturing Advantages and Benefits
- Integrated Software Applications and Equipment
- Data and Process Management
- Connect Planning to Process
- Reduce NC Programming and Machining Time
- Improve Surface Finish, Accuracy and Part Quality
- Reduce Production Time and Errors
- Increase the Success Rate of New Machine Deployment
- Maximize Use of Manufacturing Resources
NX for Simulation – Simcenter 3D
CAE teams face ever shorter timelines to support development of increasingly complex products. They must deliver results faster, ensure accuracy, and collaborate effectively with design, system modeling and test. Simulation processes must capture expert knowledge and best-practice workflows to increase efficiency and enhance team flexibility.
Simcenter 3D delivers a unified, scalable, open and extensible environment for 3D CAE with connections to design, 1D simulation, test and data management. Simcenter 3D speeds the simulation process by combining best-in-class geometry editing, associative simulation modeling and multidiscipline solutions embedded with industry expertise. Fast and accurate solvers power structural, acoustics, flow, thermal, motion and composites analyses, as well as optimization and multiphysics simulation.
- Reduces the time spent preparing, evaluating and updating simulation models.
- integrates world-class multidiscipline together in one environment to streamline the development process.
- Capture and automate routine CAE processes to speed throughput and distribute expertise through your organization.
Simcenter 3D Industry Solutions
Co-simulate 1D control models combined with 3D simulation to understand how performance of controls will impact mechanical operation and vice-versa.